VMware Sr Product Manager - VMware Cloud in Indianapolis, Indiana
Commerce Sr. Product Manager
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to build the next generation of our commerce and usage metering platform for VMware Cloud. You will own the strategy and execution to support customers’ needs as well as to enable partners to deliver value to their end customers. Specifically, help federal government customers manage their ongoing usage, consumption, and billing of VMware Cloud offerings. You can read more about VMware Cloud here: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws .
You have familiarity with SaaS and go to market models. You understand the big shift towards moving enterprise applications to public clouds and how hybrid clouds can accelerate this move. You enjoy getting technical and working closely with engineers to ensure the delivered product meets customer requirements. You have experience working across multiple organizations with different goals, to build consensus and alignment.
This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen currently residing on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements.
• Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver user centric software
• Break down the product requirements into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
• Ability to engage with customers to understand their business needs, challenges and consolidate that into product strategy and a roadmap
• Write Epics and Stories using Jira
• Write Product Concept documents and confluence pages to articulate your vision and work with architects, principle engineers, customer experience designers, and marketing managers to realize your designs
• Deliver build and implementation plans working closely with program managers
• Presentations to customers, field and internal audience across the company
• Travel to meet customers and field folks in different regions, and to participate in trade shows
• Key contributor to decision making at the leadership level
• Contribute to building a roadmap for a particular Commerce area and be a thought leader in that space
Desired Skills and Experience
• Can do attitude and creative problem solver
• Experience across the product management lifecycle for cloud products or services
• Outside-in strategic thinker and ability to bring market and customer perspective to engineers, designers, and other stakeholders
• Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features in a complex technical context
• Good understanding of public cloud platforms and commerce offerings such as AWS, Azure and GCP
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with technical and non-technical audience
• 5+ years of product management experience and 7+ years of overall experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs