Jewish Community Center Director of Fitness Programs in Indianapolis, Indiana
Oversee the day-to-day supervision and administration of the fitness center.Supervise group exercise instructors and direct client service providers, including but not limited to personal trainers and masseuses.**Provide guidance and coaching to lead revenue generating programs for the success of service providers and the JCC.Supervise and coordinate group exercise classes, health promotion activities, youth fitness programs, youth and adult athletic enhancement classes, and wellness lectures and screenings.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Assist with the continual development, implementation and evaluation of all fitness and wellness programs for all JCC constituents;
- Help develop and promote regular program schedules to provide creative and value-added classes, programs and activities for members;
- Develop and coordinate fitness/wellness program for JCC employees;
- Assume primary responsibility for the development, implementation and schedule of group exercise classes;
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise group exercise instructors, personal trainers and masseuses;
- Monitor, evaluate and document staff performance throughout the year;
- Schedule substitute instructors (or fill in for instructors, as necessary);
- Process bi-weekly payroll;
- Maintain record keeping of all health screenings, medical clearance forms and attendance sheets for all classes;
- Participate in developing budget for applicable departments; review budgets monthly and make any necessary adjustments;
- Conduct and coordinate certifications for professional, camp and seasonal employees.
- Participate in lay-leader committee and board meetings and generate reports for review;
- Attend agency and fitness center staff meetings/training and development.
- Monitor fitness facility equipment maintenance and record keeping;__schedule repairs as necessary;
- Ensure that the exercise equipment for group exercise classes is safe, clean and in proper working order;
- Participate in building coverage on a regular rotational basis; may include opening, closing and weekend/holiday shifts
- Responsible for working cross departmentally to achieve Fitness/Wellness goals;
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science or a related area;
- 2-3 years experience working in a fitness or wellness environment;
- CPR/AED certification;
- ACSM Exercise Leadership Certification or NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist preferred;
- American Red Cross Instructor certification preferred (or obtained within 12 months).
- Ability to create, manage and adapt a broad wellness plan in coordination with lay leadership and staff;
- Ability to instruct exercise programs;
- Experience in supervising staff (including recruiting, training, and conducting performance reviews);
- Focus on customer service and strong communication skills with highly diverse population;
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Office applications and the ability to learn proprietary software;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong teaching and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability in fitness testing, evaluation and risk screening.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: This person must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. The position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending and sitting. Must be able to climb steps, bend and move. Must be able to lift, carry or move significant weight (ie, weight equipment in excess of 100 pounds). The incumbent will be required to work rotating evenings, weekends and holidays as it relates to implementation/supervision of programming and interaction with members. Interested candidates should email cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Are you committed to helping transform lives through fitness, wellness and community? Do you believe that inspiration + perspiration = success? Can you build and lead a team of fitness professionals committed to the transformational power of wellness? If so, the JCC is the place to be!
Date Posted: 09/05/2018
Title: Director of Fitness Programs
JCC: Jewish Community Center Association of Indianapolis
Location: Indianapolis, IN