Lilly Consultant – Consumer Media in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly has created a new centralized Consumer Experience Hub by assembling a group of teams who are passionate about understanding and helping consumers to work together and meet their evolving needs within a complex healthcare ecosystem. The goal is to deliver remarkable, data-driven, end-to-end experiences across a myriad of touchpoints to drive positive outcomes for people living with health conditions ranging from diabetes to migraine to stage IV cancer and beyond.
In today’s ever-changing world, consumers’ media consumption habits are shifting faster than ever before. As such, Lilly is reimagining and reinvigorating a new Media Center of Excellence, pivoting to a centralized team focused on best-in-class fresh media thinking. This team is charged with formalizing the build of valuable channel-specific marketing expertise, processes, innovation and knowledge-sharing. As a result, Lilly is staffing for a Consultant, Media Strategy Lead to work in the hub and in partnership with our consumer marketing teams. This position reports to the Director of Consumer Media, US.
Core Responsibilities: 1) Leadership and Influence: Lead and influence decision making cross-functionally, by developing data driven media strategies, which lead to positive customer experiences. Comfortable with discussion/presentation to leadership 2-3 levels up, including CMO’s and other C-suite.
2) Fresh Strategic Thought Leadership: Lead development of best-in-class consumer media strategies. Participate in annual brand planning process; including development of media objectives, channel strategy, channel mix and measurement plan, while challenging the status quo and constantly driving for innovation. Evaluate and make business recommendations leveraging synergies across customer groups to optimize consumer outcomes.
3) Media Planning & Development, Implementation & Measurement: In collaboration with the media agency, develop, manage and evaluate success of channel and tactical plan to achieve consumer key player strategy. Ensure consistent application of brand strategy and customer insight across touchpoints and channels.
4) On-Going Campaign Management & Optimization In partnership with media agency, analyze and optimize media mix based on business performance and return on investment
5) Agency Management: Effectively manage large national media agency relationships. Establish expectations (two-way) for client – agency partnership. Build relationship with Group Director to accomplish customer focused strategy and tactics. Develop action plans as needed based on regular partnership evaluation.
6) Market Monitoring: Review marketplace data and make recommendations for brand implications/actions.
7) Financial Management: Track and manage budget for all channels including reconciliation. Provide roll-up to brand teams and make recommendations for trade-offs as needed.
8) Risk Management: Ensure compliance with all consumer marketing guidelines, good promotional practices, privacy policies, and other policies and procedures.
Basic Qualifications: • Senior, seasoned professional with 8+ years’ experience, ideally at least 5 years’ media agency experience • Requires broad expertise across multiple media channels preferably with both offline and online planning experience with strong experience with various Planning Tools, Media Measurement and Media Mix Modeling • Must be highly collaborative in nature and understand how to get things done within a complex, layered organization. • Demonstrated strategic thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills • Self-directed, with strong decision-making skills, strong project management, budget management and prioritization skills • Must have a proven track record in influencing levels above them and outside of their functional area and a service mindset. • Must have proven experience on direct work in either media strategy, planning, buying or media product. • Must be comfortable with change and ambiguity and ability to resolve problems. • Ability to respect and work effectively with diverse teams • Bachelor’s degree: Communications, Marketing, Media or Business
Additional Preferences: • Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams to deliver results • Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment • Strong verbal and written communications skills with high attention to detail • Strong problem solving skills
Other • Travel 25-50% • Position can be either based in Indianapolis (preferred) or remote, with frequent travel to HQ
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!
- Lilly Jobs