The Salvation Army - Metro Division Community Youth Center Worker in Fort Wayne, Indiana
With minimal supervision from the Community Youth Center Director, will implement community youth center programs, challenging youth mentally, physically, and spiritually and will establish relationships with youth that allow for positive impact.
• Responsible for opening Community Youth Center• Will greet youth and be responsible for accurate statistics for the CYC• Will redirect under and / or over age youth and adults from the center as defined by The Salvation Army and Safe From Harm guidelines.• Will supervise youth and make sure that two designated leader are with youth at all times.• Responsible for assisting in center discipline as well as fair play• Immediately notify director and / or corps officer(s) of any incidents involving youth and / or staff and to fully document• Communicate upcoming corps events• Responsible to distribute or assist in snacks or meals• Responsible for proper use and care of all equipment and to immediately report any broken or missing items to director.• Must be willing and able to participate in all activities with youth.• Must monitor computer usage including websites and how long on line and redirect as needed.• Assist in scheduling of all activities• Responsible for assisting in and / or closing of the Community Youth Center each evening.o Instruct youth to put away and secure all games, equipment and supplies.o Turn off all lights (gym, café, game room, computer room, restrooms, hallways) and lock appropriate breaker boxes.o Confirm all interior and exterior doors are locked and secured.o Confirm building is empty, turn off any additional lights, security check all doors and set the alarm.
• Will play an active role in community awareness and promotion of the Community Youth Center.• Attend and participate in all CYC staff meetings and other Salvation Army events as requested.• Responsible to see that all areas of the CYC is picked up and cleaned at the end of each day. Including collecting left items, wiping down tables, collecting trash and putting away all cleaning supplies.• Other duties as assigned by CYC Director
Education / Experience:
• Must have High School Diploma or GED• Must have prior work experience with children through work or volunteering.
• Valid Indiana Chauffer Driver’s license and good driving record• Current CPR and First Aid certification
Skills / Abilities:
• Must be able to adhere to The Salvation Army Mission Statement• Maintain current knowledge of Salvation Army rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions as they apply to this position.• Must be able to take the initiative (self motivated) to get jobs done with the SA guidelines.• Must be detailed oriented, highly organized, able to multi-task and maintain confidentially as necessary.• Work ethic and level of integrity must be of the highest quality• Ability to maintain composure when under stress, effectively organize work, meet deadlines and work independently with little direction.• Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication.• Ability to problem solve and train others effectively.• Must be a team player and able to work with, motivate and encourage others using tact, patience and courtesy.• Have experience and working knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.• Strong mathematical skills.• Good data entry skills.• Ability to use standard office equipment such as calculator, computer, copier, scanner, fax, etc.• Ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment and games in the youth center.• Ability to develop a positive rapport with youth of all ages and the ability to recognize the potential in youth.• Must have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to lead others to Christ.
• Assist in supervising community youth center volunteers
Job LocationsUS-IN-Fort Wayne